How to Choose the Right Size Curling Iron?
Well-well there are a lot of choices to make in this hair styling products industry, Sometimes, you may find yourself in a quandary while you are contemplating which curling iron should you use or what size of curling iron should you use? You might even be worrying about the hair device that will be right for your hair because all you want to do is to produce gorgeous looking curls on your hair. Well, you no longer need to be confused or troubled because there are assorted kinds of barrel sizes that will give you lots and lots of those sexy luxurious curls you are longing for. Although you need to research thoroughly before making your choice so as to make the right decision and that is why we have compiled for your perusal a guide to help you to choose correctly just browse through this information below and be relieved.
Curling Iron vs Curling Wand
Most times, somebody who is looking to buy a hair styling device will have to make a choice either to buy a curling iron or a curling wand. Although these devices have many things in common, yet there are still many differences with each one that will warrant the decision making because their results differ due to these differences. One of the things that differ is the clamp.
The curling iron is designed with a clamp attached to it and this helps to hold down the hair during styling process while with the curling wand, you will have to manually wrap the hair around the iron barrel and this can be disadvantageous if you are not well skilled in using it yet. But then, clamps though are very useful, they can also press down the hair during styling and this will create unwanted indentations on the hair that will make the waves look unnatural later. Curling wands also are the best for those that has thick hair as clamps tend to slow down the styling process. Whereas for those who have fine thin hair, clamps are the best because the clamp holds down the fine silky hairs in place to avoid hair slipping off the barrel.
Therefore while choosing between a curling iron and a curling wand; always put into consideration the texture of your hair. If you have a coarse and thick hair, a wand should be better for you but if your hair is fine and silkily straight, the curling iron is meant for you.
Your Definitive Guide To Picking The Right Size Curling Iron
Different Types of Curling Iron Based On Barrel Material
The first thing you should put into consideration when making your choice is the fact that curling irons come in different barrel sizes.
And that it is this barrels that heat up and wrap your hair and this makes it the basic styling components of these hair styling tools. Below are the ones that are recommended to be the best in the market which you should look out for while searching for the one to use.
- Ceramic: These barrels are well known for taming frizzy hair because they give off ion that neutralizes static and seals your hair strands thereby making no room for frizz. They are also good at creating even heat making sure that there are no heat spots left on the hair to create burn during the styling process and they also shortens the styling time. Read here in depth Best Ceramic Curling Iron Reviews To Buy Right Now
- Tourmaline: These barrels are considered top notch styling tools as they due to the fact that they use ceramic coupled with gemstones tourmaline to make sure that the heat comes to the right amount that will curl your hair. This type produces ion six times more than the ceramic ones and this makes it the best product to effectively counter frizz. It’s heating up time is also faster than the others and it also creates more lasting curls but the downside is that it is a bit on the expensive side.
- Titanium: These titanium barrels are preferably better for those who use hair products while styling their hair. Their metallic properties are the best option to avoid corrosion which always occurs due to the hair products used by some during hair styling. It also heats up very fast and also makes sure of even heat distribution thereby allowing you to have sexy curls at all times. With its metal plate, your hair is also assured of no scathing and tangle free. It also makes sure that your hair does not dry off by preserving the moisture on the hair.
- Gold: gold plated barrel are a lot easier to afford than most of the others on this list. They are very beautiful to look at and very decorative also to keep on your shelf. The also heat up fast and stays long for a very long time.
Although with the upgrade in technology these days, you may find the barrels which are combined with two of these items listed above so feel free to explore the other options which are available to you out there.
Curling Iron Barrel Size
It is also very important while choosing a curling iron to put into consideration the sizes of the barrel of the iron. For you to make your choice of barrel, consider the length of your hair and also the look you want to create. To be precise, the length of your hair is the main thing to consider because if you have long tresses, experts recommend that you use the bigger sized barrel as it is easier than wrapping your hair many times on the smaller barrel size tools.
The type of look you want to create should also be a criterion to the size of the curling iron you want to buy. If what you want to create is small tight curls, you should go for the smaller barrels but if you are looking for some loose waves, the big diameter barrels are what you should be after.
What Should Size Curling Iron I Use?
What Size Of Curling Iron Should I Get?
I‘ve always been faced with the problem of having the hair type that doesn’t retain curls and this has been giving me serious concerns. Although if you have not been faced with this type of problem before, you wouldn’t understand the desperation I was feeling in searching for the size of curling iron I should get to achieve the type of curls I need. Well, I didn’t just fold my hands, I had to go out there and search until I came across this guide am about to share with you.
Curling Iron Barrel Sizes for Hair Lengths and Curl Sizes
- 3/8” Barrel Size: This barrel size is very good for people with short hairs due to the tight curls which it produces.
- ½’’ Barrel Size: you will also get those tight curls that make your short hair look chic and sexy if you go for this barrel size.
- 5/8” Barrel Size. If your hair is either short or medium in length, this barrel size will be okay for you too if you are in need of small curls.
- 3/4” Barrel Size: this barrel size will give loose medium curls if you have medium hair length.
- 1” Barrel Size: for those of you whose hair length falls into the category of medium or long, this barrel size is good for you if want to achieve large or loose curls.
- 1 1/4” Barrel Size: this barrel size is very good at making the hair look voluminous, lifting the hair at the roots and giving you those big loose curls but that is if you have medium or long hair.
- 1 ½ ‘’ Barrel Size: this barrel size will also give you big loose calls, voluminous curls and lifting the hairs at the root especially for medium and long hairs respectively.
Different Types of Curling Iron
There are many different types of curling irons in the market for you to choose from but you have to consider your hair type so as to choose the one best suited to your hair texture.
- The ceramic barrels curling iron: These are the lower heat tools which heat up from 200 degrees Fahrenheit and them most preferable for fine hair.
- The titanium curling irons: These are preferably used by those who have thick hair because they need the higher temperature to get the desired effect.
- The spring curling iron: This is commonly used by most people and more especially beginners in the styling business. The spring action mechanism ensures the firm hold on the hair during styling.
- Marcel curling iron: These are mostly used by hair professional stylist. They are manually operated and equipped with an extra handle for total user control.
- Clipless curling iron: Using this curling iron, you don’t need to worry about creases or kinks on your hair. It even styles hair near the root.
- Spiral curling iron: This type is capable of styling from the roots of the hair and creating those romantic looks which are awesome.
- Waving curling irons: This type of curling iron is designed to have more than one barrel which gives you that figure eight loopy curls or that waves which remind you of beachy waves.
- Conical iron: As the name portrays this comes either shaped as a cone or a reversed and both of them creates excellent curls.
- Rotating curling iron: This is the type of the barrel that rotates automatically to style your hair perfectly.
- Hourglass curling iron: This type of curling iron creates tight middle and loose curls at the end of the hair strands and they are surprisingly awesome.
- Cordless curling iron: These are designed with energy cells which make them not to use charging. It is very portable and popular for frequent travelers.
- Check Here, How to use a curling iron http://reporterviews.com/how-to-use-a-curling-iron/
Wow! There are so many great curling irons in the market that performs much excellent hair styling. Most of them are designed specifically to create gorgeous luxurious curls or beach waves or any other styles that you can think of. Therefore when choosing a curling iron, you need to first consider the texture of your hair. Is it a fine silky hair that does not need too much temperature to curl or is it a thick coarse hair that needs a very high temperature and much work. Also, consider whether it is a long spiky hair or whether it is a short smooth hair because this will help you to determine which curling iron that will be suitable for your hair needs. Another thing to put into consideration is the style which you want to achieve. This also plays an important part when choosing a curling iron because as the curling irons differ in barrel sizes so also is the style which they create.
Therefore it all depends on the choice you make after going through all these types of curling irons and how they work which depends on their barrel sizes and the material which they are made up of either it is ceramic, tourmaline, titanium or gold which are the best in the market so far although some of them are combined in one curling iron, you can then decide on the one that will satisfy your hair needs perfectly.
If Which curling iron should I use article has helped you, we suggest you share it so that your friends will benefit too.