Wearing a straight hair all the time can be boring and uncreative. From time to time, a woman needs to change her looks to appear more mysterious and attractive. I mean it is not so good to be easily predictable. You need to spice it up a little by appearing in curls and waves from time to time.
You are probably among the many women who are yet to acquire a curling iron simply because they are wondering what next to do after buying it or how to use a curling iron at home. Well don’t worry, this article is for you. We are going to explore the simple ways on how to use a curling iron and also drop some tips to help you create those salon standard curls and waves at the comfort of your home.
How would you like to create those heavenly and bouncy waves and curls that will last for day without losing its grip, this can easily be achieved by simply making the best choice of iron; before I jump into the steps, I want to point out that the first thing you should do if you want to use a curling iron effectively is to choose the right size for your needs.
- Let’s say you want to create tighter curls on a short hair, you need to get a ½ inch or ¾ inch barrel. But if it is creating loose curls on a short hair, you should get a 1 inch iron. Read Here: How to curl short hair with a curling iron?
- On medium hairs, a 1 inch iron barrel will create tighter curls while 1 ¼ inches curling iron will leave you with much looser curls.
- If the hair is long, 1 ¼ inches barrel will work wonders for tighter curls while 1 ½ inches barrel will create loose curls. If you have the right size of the curling iron barrel, others steps become more productive. Having acquired the right size of the barrel, take the following steps to create the perfect result. Check Here: How to curl long hair with a curling iron?
Step By Step Guide To Create Perfect Curly
- Cut out a piece of hair: it is important to note that the results you get are determined by the quantity of hair you curl at a time. If you want a curlier hair, start with a thinner hair portion but if you don’t want tiny curls, start with a larger section of hair.
- Hold the iron right: if you don’t hold the iron right, curling will be very tedious and uninteresting. Hold the iron in a vertical position facing the clasp forward and clasp the hair half way down.
- Turn away from your face: as the iron has been placed in the right position on the sectioned hair, turn the iron clockwise if you are at the right side of your face and counter clock wise if you are on the left side of your face.
- Hold for few seconds: depending on the thickness of your hair and the heat level of the curling iron, you should hold your hair in the iron still for some seconds
- Loosen your grip and slide: Yes! Press down on the clasp so that it will be loose on your hair then slide down to 1-2 inches from your hair ends.
- Turn the iron: remember how you turned in each direction depending on the side of your head, do same now to roll the entire length of your hair on the curling iron. Hold for few seconds to suit you and release the hair.
- Curl in the opposite direction: this is optional. If you want to create curls in the opposite direction, hold the clasp facing backward and curl clock wise on the left side of your head and counter clock wises on the right side of your head.
Tips and Tricks : That can help you to achieve the best results
Apart from these steps, there are some tips that can help you to achieve the best results when it comes to using a curling iron. Let’s see a few of them:
- If you start curling your hair closer to the roots of your hair, you will create longer lasting curls.
- Turn your iron upside down to curl the roots of your hair on the larger ends of the iron
- If you want to have a big, wavy and extra glossy hair, start from a blowout, pick a large barrel and apply some shine serum from the mid shaft to down.
- While curling, make sure to curl the small pieces of hair away from your face
- If you want to create a retro wave, curl thicker sections of your hair towards your face and then comb after.
The mistakes that you’ve been Done using a Curling iron
There are also some things you are doing wrong with your curling iron that may be causing your dissatisfaction after every attempt let’s check out few of them.
- Lack of preparation; you need to prepare your hair before you start curling in order to get the best results. The first thing you should do is to apply a heat protectant lotion and then blow out your hair. This will help to avoid heat damages on damp hair
- Curling on the wrong direction; make sure to curl your hair away from the face and also go clock wise on the right and counter clock wise on the left
- Don’t twirl the iron; what you should twirl is your hair and not the iron. Face the barrel downwards to the floor; wrap your hair around it from the roots to the ends.
- Don’t twist your hair before wrapping it around the iron. It will not help to create curls rather it will distort the even distribution of heat on the length of your hair
- Don’t use the wrong size of iron for your hair length because it will never give you the result you want
- Don’t curl large sections of hair at a time. Take it little by little to get what you want.
Using a curling iron can be simple, exciting and fulfilling. Imagine transforming that normally straight hair to the curly appearance in a jiffy. Don’t wait anymore since you have read on how to use a curling wand, I believe you can do wonders on your hair at home now.
Share this How to use a curling iron Step By Step Easy Guide if you have learned something from it.