A well maintained short hair with curls makes you look chic, sassy, sexy, and even increases the volume of your hair but this may prove very difficult to achieve. But if you follow the instructions that are stated below and the recommendations, you will find it easier to achieve your hair desires.
Most times, some women who have short hair thinks that their hair will not be easy to curl while others think that their short hair is the only criteria to create tight short curls but it is not as easy as that. That you know how to use a curling iron on a short hair with the accurate hair products is not the only way, you also have to get the appropriate curling iron that will be suitable to your hair and not leave damages behind.
How To Using Curling Iron On Short Hair For Curly Hairstyle
Instruments That Will Help You To Get The hairstyles Done
A Hairstylist needs to have the correct equipment in order for him or her to get the desired results, therefore, you will need to get these instruments so as to help you get the best out of your short bobs.
- Quality curling iron: You will have to make sure that your curling iron is authentically made and that its quality is high ranking.
- Hair styling products: When styling your hair, products like moisturizing cream, styling gel or conditioning mousse are also needed.
- You will also need to have mild hair spray or the lighter one that is good in hair setting.
- Hair pick or Clip: This item is also needed when once you are styling short hair.
- Hair protector: There is the need to shield your hair with a hair protector during styling section so as to prevent damages to your hair.
- Root booster: These are greatly needed to strengthen the roots of the hair during the styling to avoid cutting.
Steps to follow in styling your short hair
- Prepare the hair to be curled: This means that you will have to thoroughly wash your hair and dry it very well to make it ready for curling. Another thing is that you will need to straighten out your hair with a straightening iron if it is on the wavy side or has cowlicks.
- You have to get your hair ready by rubbing in a little amount of hair moisturizing cream, styling gel or conditioning mousse and then spray on a little amount of hair protector before you start curling.
- For the benefit of those who do not have thick hair, spray on some root booster while your hair is a bit damp from shampooing as this will give body to the hair roots as the become the base of the curls.
- Thoroughly blow dry your hair: You should pay special attention when drying your hair to make sure that your hair is dried from the root to up before going on with the curling process.
- Section your hair: You will have to divide your hair into sections, the top, and the bottom layer respectively with the help of a wide toothed comb. Then you pin the top side with the help of a double pronged clip or a bobby pin and this will help you to proceed from the bottom section to curl.
Curl short hair with curling iron steps To Be Continue
- First of all, heat up your curling iron at medium heat and then sectionalize your hair into 2 inches of width and starting from the roots, wrap the hair around the barrel of your curling iron.
- You can now start curling by taking a section from upfront and wrap it around the barrel of your curling iron. Always make sure to keep the hot curling iron at a distance from your facial skin to avoid burn.
- Always remember to position the curling iron to the back of your hair so as to enable you to roll the curl away from your face instead of towards it.
- It is best to leave the hair ends straight while styling a short hair to prevent the hair from sticking awkwardly out.
- If you are using a curling iron that is designed with clamp, then you should clamp down on the separated section of your hair half an inch away from the bottom before rolling it forward to curl.
- You should hold the curls for about five to ten seconds and make sure not to exceed 15 seconds if the maximum heat capacity of your curling iron is at 400 degrees Fahrenheit because it is not advisable to expose your hair to too much heat to avoid damaging your hair.
- If you are a sucker for loose waves, hold the curls for only 5 seconds and then release it. And if it is ringlets that you want, hold down the curls for about 7 to 8 seconds and then release it. Always make sure not to touch the curls until the cool down to prevent causing the hair to frizz.
- So as to help the curls to hold, spritz some mild hair sprays or light setting sprays on the finished curls. Although if you are looking for tight curls, you should leave the finished curls for more 5 seconds or more relaxation time before spraying. Always make sure to separate the curled part from the not curled part with a hair pick before moving to the top side.
- If you want to get a more natural softer look, vary the sizes of the hair sections instead of sectionalizing them uniformly. You can even curl from the front to the bottom just to get it.
- When you might have finished curling the hair, comb through the curls with your fingers to prevent it from forming ringlets unless that is the look you want to get. You can even increase the volume of your curls by combing backward the roots that are nearer to your hair crown.
- And finally, spray some mist of hair spray on the brand new curls to enable it to last for a long period of time.
- Read Here: Which curling iron should i use or buy? http://reporterviews.com/best-ceramic-curling-iron-reviews-to-buy-right-now/
Following this steps, you will find it easy and quicker to curl your short hairs precisely the way you want them and you may find that this will become your new favorite method of curling your hair.